Learn to windsurf on this practical weekend course. Over the weekend we aim to cover the following;
RYA Start Windsurfing: This course introduces you to the fundamentals of windsurfing and by the end of the weekend you should be able to sail to a chosen point on the water and return to where you started. RYA Windsurfing Pathway
Key learning points: rig handling, balance, basic stance, sailing across the wind and turning the board.
Our enthusiastic instructors will guide you through the different elements of the Start Windsurfing course, beginning with a session on the land-based simulator before you head out onto the water.
Plas Menai will provide all necessary personal protective clothing including wetsuits, waterproofs, buoyancy aids and helmets.
Please bring with you;
- Swimming togs & towel
- Footwear for on the water
- Sock that cover your ankles
- 50p for locker
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
The Next Steps: This weekend is a perfect introduction to windsurfing. To progress your sailing further we recommend joining your local windsurfing club to help consolidate what you have learnt and then consider our RYA Intermediate Windsurfing 2 day course
To find out where your nearest sailing club is please visit the RYA.
RYA National Windsurfing Scheme Syllabus & Logbook (G47)
Duration: 2 Days
Certificate: RYA Start Windsurfing
Minimum Standard: None
Minimum Age: 16 yrs.Check Dates, Prices & Book