Our Development Day runs every Friday and are ideal for those who have attended the Start Windsurfing course or with previous experience.
These days are for anyone wanting to advance their knowledge, experience and skills, and basically have a great time with likeminded people, doing what you enjoy.
Each week the session will cover different aspect of Windsurfing depending on the conditions:
- Top tips and techniques to help you get some air and master the landing!
- Hooking into the harness, building speed and getting into the footstraps
- Mastering the Carve Gybe, learn how to maintain speed through the turn and improve your technique
- Basic introduction to foiling and providing you with basic foiling knowledge
Our world class instructors will be with you every step of the way to guide, instruct and support.
The Plas Menai team consists a very experienced team of 3 windsurf trainers and 5 advanced instructors all very excited to welcome you to a full windsurfing emersion at our ultimate venue on the Menai Strait where every day the conditions are so different.
In the event of light wind there is still a lot of really useful skills to cover with gybing clinics, set up and tuning. Light wind drills and freestyle to improve board and rig handling and instil vital muscle memory as the building blocks to success of mastering advanced windsurfing manoeuvres.
Plas Menai will provide all necessary personal protective clothing including wetsuits, waterproofs, buoyancy aids and helmets.
Feel free to bring along your own kit if you prefer
Please bring with you;
- Swimming togs & towel
- Footwear for on the water
- Sock that cover your ankles
- 50p for locker
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
The Next Steps: To progress your Windsurfing then why not join our RYA Intermediate Windsurfing, or if you're at that level already, how about our RYA Advanced Windsurfing 2 day course, bringing together all of the elements of advanced windsurfing, including the windsurf foiling.
To find out where your nearest sailing club is please visit the RYA.
RYA National Windsurfing Scheme Syllabus & Log (G47)
Duration: 1 Day
Minimum Age: 16 yrs.Check Dates, Prices & Book