This is 2 day course, designed for young adults between the ages of 12-16 years old, who wish to learn how to safely and confidently drive a powerboat.
Age 8-11 yrs can take the Youth Level 1 Powerboat Handling course.
RYA Youth Powerboat Level 2: Close quarters boat handling, planing speed manoeuvres, man overboard recovery and collision regulations
Ability after the course: Able to handle a powerboat in familiar waters by day
Our friendly instructors will be with you every step of the way, offering clear instruction, guidance and encouragement. T
Plas Menai will provide all necessary personal protective clothing including wetsuits, waterproofs, buoyancy aids and helmets.
PLEASE BRING WITH YOU:
- Swimming togs & towel
- Footwear for on the water
- Sock that cover your ankles
- 50p for locker
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your paddle adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time to collect your kit, kitting up and instructor briefing.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
Why not check out our other youth courses and make 2021 all about experiencing new adventures
Duration: 2 Days
Time: 09.00 -16.45
Certificate: RYA Youth Powerboat Level 2
Minimum Standard: None
Age: 12 - 16 yrs.
Anyone under the age of 18 years must have a Parental Consent form completed and signed by a parent/guardian - this must be handed in to reception on arrival during registration, without this form participants will not be permitted to take part.
Accommodation: If you want to stay at the Centre during your course, please add the accommodation package to your bookingCheck Dates, Prices & Book